Saturday, April 26, 2008

Digital Comics Downloader Update

Thanks to Caine for bringing this to my attention...

Digital Comic Downloader discontinued

Update: 2008-04-25 17:15

I've decided to take down Digital Comic Downloader. I'm all about digital distribution as where comics need to go, so I'm afraid of making it less palatable to companies like Marvel (and others in the future) by causing any cold feet... As I said when I launched DCD, the purpose is not piracy but I have to admit that it is capable of enabling it. (It's probably a bit unrealistic for me to think that because the images are not perfect that users would never choose to spread them around.)


I think Derek's decision here was a very good one. :)

Forgotten Art Credit:

I would also like to credit Sean Kleefeld with the PCDW graphic I used is yesterday's column. Sorry for the oversight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails