Friday, August 15, 2008

Flashback Update: Prometheus

I've got Strep throat today, so I'm afraid in lieu of a Paper Comic Deathwatch post, I'm going to have to tied you over with this update on the Prometheus/Amanita comic.

Tales of SuspenseOne of the things I wanted to do with this comic was have an adventure with both characters which had the same sort of feel of the old Tales of Suspense comics.

I've always been a sucker for a comic with two characters on the cover whether they were working together or in separate split screens like the one below.

I think part of the charm of such comics is that for the price of one comic, you get art from two different artists.

So for the Prometheus comic, the Prometheus story will be drawn by Flashback stalwarth Chris Nye and the Amanita story will be drawn by the newly discovered Donald Jackson.

The caveat is, I like all Flashback stories to be done in one issue, so rather than short change you the reader with half a story in each comic, writer Chad Bowers has whipped up an amazing story that uses both characters that I think you will really like. The title is Double Date, Double Doom!

Check out some of these panels from Chris Nye's half of the comic...

Prometheus carrying Amanita

Prometheus Carries Amanita

The villainess of our story...Go Go Godiva

Go Go Godiva art by Chris Nye

And the villain of the story...LoveLorn - sketch by Donald Jackson

LoveLorn art by Donald Jackson

I think you guys are really going to like this when you see the finished product!

That's all for today. I'm gonna run down to the local Doctor's Care and pick up some amoxicillin. :P

- Jim

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails